Army Futures Command Innovation Combine Opening Ceremony
Erica Bertoli of the US Army serves as MC for Day One of the Army Futures Command Innovation Combine opening ceremony, with Dr. Robert Hart of the US Army giving opening remarks.
What you’ll find out:
- You will hear from companies proposing solutions in the areas of novel materials for weight reduction and survivability and scalable power and energy solutions. (00:37)
- Background of the AFC Innovation Combine process as it relates to building the critical partnerships needed. (01:42)
- Novel materials for weight reduction and survivability topic overview. (04:05)
- “The Army Futures Command is working to enable innovation by creating purposeful networks of non-traditional business, startups, investors, academia, and industry focused around technologies that will advance the Army’s modernization priorities.” — Erica Bertoli, Program Manager- Educational Outreach at US Army (03:03)
- “We are very excited to hear the industry pitches on the topic of novel materials for weight reduction and survivability. This topic is especially important to us at the ground vehicle’s system center as we look to engineer manned and unmanned next generation combat vehicles.” — Dr. Robert Hart (04:10)
- “The US Army Futures Command continues its call to Forge the Future, and is proud to be presenting this new and unique approach to seeking innovative technical solutions across a vast ecosystem.” — Erica Bertoli, Program Manager- Educational Outreach at US Army (25:00)
Who you’ll hear from:
Erica Fineman-Bertoli - Program Manager- Educational Outreach - U.S. Army CERDEC | LinkedIn
More than 15 years of professional management experience, with specialized work in the areas of community outreach…
Robert Hart - Mechanical Engineer - U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Ground…
Experienced Mechanical Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the Defense & Commercial Off Road Vehicle…
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova, presented by Deloitte, is a virtual conference highlighting defense innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience will draw national attention and connect leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.