Bringing the Cloud to the Warfighter: a Startup Showcase with Amazon Web Services
Moderator Wilfred Justin of Amazon Web Services leads an exploration of cloud solutions focusing on AI and machine learning with EdgeTensor, Parasanti, and IoT/AI.
What you’ll find out:
- Machine learning at the edge? (01:35)
- Leveraging AWS services. (06:26)
- Optimizing for interference at the edge. (15:35)
- What if local interference is not possible? (24:19)
- “One particular use case with Toyota, where they want to use a deep lens to provide a safe driving application so that if the driver is distracted it should alert and should take some corrective action. So for that they did a small case study, a person was driving a car for 48 minutes and based on that they were collecting 7.2 million data points for connected vehicles. Then they have a fleet of 7.5 million connected vehicles so just to capture 1 minute of HD video per vehicle the cost of uploading the data for analysis in the cloud would be billions of dollars per year. The point of trying to make it is instead of sending all the data using the network bandwidth, you could use a snowmobile family of products to send it to save on latency and bandwidth cost.” — Wilfred Justin, Amazon Web Services (04:59)
- “When you’re doing AWS SageMaker Neo, all you have to do is upload your model, define what framework you have built and you have to say what is your target architecture and the magic is done by a safe breaker. The point is it drastically reduces your time to market and time to production; not only that you gain like 2x better performance on the end devices with AWS SageMaker Neo.” — Wilfred Justin, Amazon Web Services (23:52)
- “Thank you to AWS and thank you to Capital Factory! A company like Parasanti, a defense startup would not have been a thing 10 years ago without the advent of cloud, without the cheaper computer, and without the exposure to the government functions that Capital Factory provides.” — James Hancock, Parasanti (30:07)
Who you’ll hear from:
Wilfred Justin - Head, AWS AI/ML Enablement and Partnerships - Amazon Web Services (AWS) | LinkedIn
Current Focus and Interest: Cognitive computing, Semantic Intelligence, exploratory data analysis, predictive analytics…
James Hancock - Senior Analytics and Blockchain Strategist - Perspecta | LinkedIn
Accomplished and result-oriented senior-level Professional with a diverse, cross-functional background in Leadership…
Rajesh Narasimha - CEO and Co-Founder - edgetensor | LinkedIn
6+ years of experience in building and technically leading R&D teams in a startup environment with responsibilities…
J.D. Stanley III - Chief Operating Officer (COO) - Co-Founder - Board Member - IoT/AI | LinkedIn
25+ years of pioneering business, tech, and science... Cisco, Planetary Skin, IoT/AI, etc. Passionate technology…
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova, presented by Deloitte, is a virtual conference highlighting defense innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience will draw national attention and connect leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.