Culture Change in the Department: Engaging Non-traditional Problem Solvers Through Collaboration Overview
By creating spaces for students and service members to work together, NSIN is driving critical collisions and intellectual diversity into the DoD. Join Dana Sanford as he explains how NSIN’s Collaboration Portfolio connects the right people from across DoD, academia, venture, and beyond to better understand problems and discover new solutions — together.
What you’ll find out
- Collaboration Portfolio in NSIN (1:07)
- Programs in NSIN (Hacking for Defense, Bootcamp, Hacks, Source, UNEM)(6:20)
- “Collaboration is creating space for these amazing ideas that may seem like a long shot, outlandish, and crazy, but when given the right structure, process, and opportunity to transition — that’s when the magic happens.” — Dana Sanford (3:58)
- “Source gives the empowerment into the hands of the young problem solver that thinks their voice might not be able to be heard through the chain of command.” — Dana Sanford (17:53)
- “UNUM offers an opportunity of communities.” — Dana Sanford (19:47)
Who you’ll hear from
- Dana Sanford — NSIN
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova is a two-day annual conference highlighting defense innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience draws national attention and connects leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.