Current and Future NGA Accelerators
Based in St. Louis with national reach, NGA West innovation hubs for the unclassified community are fueling a vibrant ecosystem to discover and scale next-generation geospatial solutions.
What you’ll find out
- Why NGA chose St. Louis for its second main campus (2:14)
- What’s happening at NGA West (N2W) to advance tech transfer for national security (4:34)
- How NGA finds, funds and fuels next-generation solutions (6:50)
- How NGA taps the unclassified community? (9:47)
- Moonshot Labs (10:56)
- Accelerator (12:34)
- The benefits of NGA’s approach? (13:40)
- What’s next? (17:00)
- How to get involved (18:00)
- “I’m here today to talk about how NGA is engaging in the ecosystem and about the Accelerator and Moonshot Labs as two exemplars.” (2:00)
- “NGA is already reaping the benefits of this regional geospatial ecosystem. And one of the strengths St. Louis has is a really strong geospatial workforce. There’s a strong demand for geospatial jobs and we’re seeing growth in key areas such as IT, data science and engineering fields. There’s also been a growth in patents and tech companies that are relocating to St. Louis.” (5:15)
- “The tech incubators and accelerators allow us more opportunities to partner with small business to keep moving the Agency forward.” (6:10)
- “In order to take advantage of the growing talent pool and the entrepreneurial geospatial spirit in the region, NGA needed to embrace the unclassified mission space and employ both nontraditional and traditional tools for engagement.” (6:45)
- “What we’re really doing here is for all of NGA and we’re trying to do things that can be scaled. We invite you to come and take a tour of the Labs. We want to talk about ways to partner with other agencies and startups. We have pitch days and hackathons. We’re really trying to be more agile in ways we’re approaching partnerships.” (20:30)
Who you’ll hear from
Christine Woodard, NGA St. Louis Ecosystem Engagement Lead
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova is a two-day annual conference highlighting defense innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience draws national attention and connects leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.