Fireside Chat with General John Murray & CEO of Amazon Web Services Andy Jassy
Doug Wolfe of BlackLynx sits down with General John “Mike” Murray and the CEO of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Andy Jassy, for this opening fireside chat during Fed Supernova.
What you’ll find out:
- What lessons Army Futures Command has learned in the “COVID experience.” (05:56)
- General Murray touches on the importance of trusting the results of Artificial Intelligence. (29:30)
- “When you think about the US Army, you really don’t think about the most innovative organization in the world, and part of my mission is to drag the Army — in many cases kicking and screaming — into the world Andy [Jassy] lives in.” — General Murray, US Army Futures Command (18:49)
- “I find innovation is often sloppy, and has lots of dead ends you can go down, and has lots of debate and lots of vigor.” — Andy Jassy, Amazon Web Services (15:12)
- “The Army Chief, GEN McConville, has said all along that you can’t fight a war remotely. There’s a portion of the military — writ large, not just the Army — that just has to get back to business.” — General Murray, US Army Futures Command (17:18)
- “One of the appealing parts of the cloud is you can [provide] only the part you actually need. If it turns out you need more, you can seamlessly scale up. But if it turns out you don’t need as much because of some event like a pandemic, you can give that excess capacity back and stop paying for it.” — Andy Jassy, Amazon Web Services (14:12)
Who you’ll hear from:
Andy Jassy - Greater Seattle Area | Professional Profile | LinkedIn
View Andy Jassy's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping…
GEN John M. Murray
Commanding General, Army Futures CommandGeneral Murray was commissioned as an Infantry officer in the U.S. Army upon…
Doug Wolfe - Chief Executive Officer - BlackLynx | LinkedIn
View Doug Wolfe's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Doug has 2 jobs listed on their…
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova, presented by Deloitte, is a virtual conference highlighting defense innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience will draw national attention and connect leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.