Fireside Chat with Nicole Glaros, Chief Investment Strategy Officer of Techstars
Join Nicole Glaros, Chief Investment Strategy Officer of Techstars, in an intimate fireside chat with Capital Factory President, Gordon Daugherty talking about all things entrepreneurship and the special problems that women face in a male dominated industry.
What you’ll find out
- What it’s like to be a female fundraiser?
- What is Techstars?
- The way you show up MATTERS!
- “I want to understand how to solve problems with my portfolio companies and I know that every single one of them is going to come across death multiple times in it’s lifecycle and I want to be a partner with them helping them figure it out rather than being the voice in their ear going this sucks, this sucks, this sucks.”— Nicole Glaros
- “Calling out maybe challenges I’ve experienced because of my gender is limiting my own potential and my own growth.” — Nicole Glaros
- “Communication happens at the ear of the receiver not at the mouth of the speaker.” — Nicole Glaros
Who you’ll hear from
Nicole Glaros - Boulder, Colorado | Professional Profile | LinkedIn
View Nicole Glaros' professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping…
Gordon Daugherty - Co-Founder & President - Capital Factory | LinkedIn
Gordon Daugherty is a best-selling author, seasoned business executive, entrepreneur, startup advisor and investor. A…
About Austin Startup Week
Started in 2011, Austin Startup Week is a celebration and showcase of everything entrepreneurial in Austin. Each year, we bring entrepreneurs, local leaders, and friends together to connect, collaborate and grow through our educational tracks, mentor office hours, startup showcases, and networking mixers.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2010.