Implications of Digital Engineering / MBSE within the 21st Century
Col Jason Bartolomei, Col Nathan “VI DOF” Diller, and Lt Col Alex “STOIKY” Goldberg discuss how the Department of Defense is restructuring the way they design and build in the U.S. to keep up with the accelerated global pace of development.
What you’ll find out
- How can we leverage digital engineering to help solve national security challenges and help the U.S. move faster?
- What are some of the successes for digital engineering are we already seeing?
- “Digital Engineering is a critical piece to help us move at the speed of relevance.” — Lt. Col Alex “STOIKY” Goldberg, DIU
- “We’re exploring ways to actually open up the weapons system and for it to be a living and breathing system that can live and breathe with the innovations and the technologies of the day. “ — Col Jason Bartolomei, GBSD
- “…when you look at our chief of staff’s mandate to accelerate change or lose. The core of that acceleration is speed to learning, and that’s what digital engineering is. This is the reason I think it’s so revolutionary because it’s not go build PowerPoint slides, have a briefing, have a series of action items, and then three months later you get the whole thing back together. It’s you dig in and you get answers right away, or you realize that ‘hey, we need to go back. The analysis isn’t there.’ But it’s the speed of learning that’s amazing.” — Col Nathan “VI DOF” Diller, AFWERX
Who you’ll hear from
Colonel Jason Bartolomei, Program Director, Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program office, U.S. Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center
Alex Goldberg - Joint Technology Acquisition Innovation Officer - Austin - Defense Innovation Unit…
Making an impact! That is why I serve. It is about uplifting the human condition to ensure peace and prosperity. There…
Nathan P. Diller - Director - AFWERX | LinkedIn
View Nathan P. Diller's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Nathan has 16 jobs listed on…
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova, presented by Microsoft, is a virtual conference highlighting federal innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience will draw national attention and connect leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision-makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one state for startups in the U.S. Thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers, and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes, and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active, early-stage investor in Texas since 2010.