Industry Engagement Pipeline Process
Businesses — both big and small — play an important role in NGA’s ability to monitor and analyze global hot spots and provide timely warnings to national decision-makers by reporting what it finds. In this session, Rick Myllenbeck briefs us on the need-to-knows of working with NGA, and how he’s helping the agency connect with technical solution providers.
What you’ll learn
- The Forces of Industry Engagement (01:15)
- Industry Engagement Process Flow, 2021(04:24)
- Engagement Results & Successes CY2021 (13:30)
- Expected Timeline for New Application Review (15:40)
- NGA’s Engagement Platform — CRM Tool (16:21)
- NGA’s Engagement Culture (17:00)
- Advice for filling out the Industry Questionnaire (21:49)
- Favorite current themes in Geospatial(24:50)
- Advice for companies during Compass/Demo Day (26:50)
“One of the differentiation points of our industry-engagment efforts is because we take a personal approach…we answer the front door and we listen to what you have to say.”
“We are also in discovery…If you have a solution that you think we’re not even aware of, we LOVE that.”
“If the answers to the questionnaire is your ‘resume,’ then the Compass Meeting is the ‘interview.’”
Who you’ll hear from
Rick Myllenbeck, NGA, Industry Engagement Advisor
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova is a two-day annual conference highlighting defense innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience draws national attention and connects leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.