Leveraging Digital Engineering to Support Integration of Complex Systems and Future Capabilities
Jason Rathje, Managing Partner, Co-Founder at AFVentures, AFWERX, Jeffery Smith, Sr. Director of Strategy & Innovation at Aerospace & Defense at Dassault Systèmes, and James White from InnoVet discuss how digital engineering can create the right ecosystem and culture that allows access to innovative new capabilities across the entire tech stack.
What you’ll find out
- Why is it imperative to shift towards building a digital infrastructure that supports more innovation?
- What are the biggest challenges that the DoD faces when maintaining dominance in national security?
- How do we have to transform culture in order to reach digital transformation?
- “It’s critical to get acceleration into our defense capability development, not just in the US but with international partners as well. And digital engineering is a way to accelerate significantly. The longer we can stay in the virtual domain before we actually start cutting sheet metal to build things, the better we can design those systems. “ — James White, InnoVet
- “Speed in decision-making and in engagement, you know, the first advantage. It allows us to stay ahead of any potential adversary, no matter the size or scale of who that adversary might be. It’s absolutely critical to national security.” — Jason Rathje, AFVentures, AFWERX
- “What we’ve learned from a [cultural] perspective is that you need to invest in the culture as much as you invest in the processes and the tools. And if you don’t most likely the transformation is going to fail” — Jeff Smith, Aerospace & Defense at Dassault Systèmes
Who you’ll hear from
Cas Milner - Consultant - Independent Consultant (self employed) | LinkedIn
Mentoring and advising startups at Capital Factory. I'm excited about where we have been and where we are going in the…
Jim R. - Director, Southwest Region - NSIN - National Security Innovation Network | LinkedIn
View Jim R.'s profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Jim has 7 jobs listed on their profile…
Jason Rathje - Managing Partner, Co-Founder - AFVentures, AFWERX - United States Air Force |…
In my current role at AF Ventures, I am part of a team who implements novel initiatives to mature and transition…
Jeffery Smith - A&D Strategy and Innovation - Dassault Systemes | LinkedIn
View Jeffery Smith's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Jeffery has 4 jobs listed on…
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova, presented by Microsoft, is a virtual conference highlighting federal innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience will draw national attention and connect leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision-makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one state for startups in the U.S. Thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers, and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes, and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active, early-stage investor in Texas since 2010.