Startup Showcase: Space
Space tweets, CO2, and spaghetti, oh my! Hear success stories and see product demos from four cutting-edge aerospace startups as they compete to win $120,000 in cloud credits from Microsoft for Startups.
What you’ll find out
- Who sent the first tweet from space?
- Which startup can turn CO2 into glucose and how?
- What do meatballs, spaghetti, and trajectories have in common?
- Who will walk away with $120,000 of cloud credits from Microsoft for Startups?
- “A lot of the lessons that we learned from the early days in pursuing space applications was to design systems that are very efficient, that don’t have a large footprint, that don’t need a lot of maintenance… that’s what sustainability is about.” — Moji Karimi, Cemvita Factory
- “UltraNav is a low size weight and power bolt-on sensor that can actually detect using visual information features of a space object quickly and autonomously.” — Dan Hendrickson, Astrobotic
- “We’re taking this concept of being able to traverse cislunar space, in particular, and not have to add any extra energy to the system, but get very far with it.” — Cameo Lance, Rhea Space Activity
Who you’ll hear from
Moji Karimi, Co-Founder & CEO of Cemvita Factory
Greer Carper - Austin, Texas | Professional Profile | LinkedIn
I've worked in strategy, business development, program management, and finance across Boeing and its subsidiaries where…
Jeffrey Ma - San Francisco, California | Professional Profile | LinkedIn
Jeff, the CEO and Founder of tenXer, is the subject of the best-selling book Bringing Down the House and the…
Brian Barnett - Albuquerque-Santa Fe Metropolitan Area | Professional Profile | LinkedIn
View Brian Barnett's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping…
Dan Hendrickson - Vice President of Business Development - Astrobotic | LinkedIn
View Dan Hendrickson's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Dan has 4 jobs listed on their…
Cameo Lance - Director of Physics Programs - Rhea Space Activity | LinkedIn
View Cameo Lance's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Cameo has 7 jobs listed on their…
Cullen Jones - Senior Startup Partner Lead: Microsoft Federal - Microsoft | LinkedIn
I'm currently responsible for the startup focus within Microsoft's Defense and Intelligence business. I identified a…
Courteney Real - Host - The Real Capitalist | LinkedIn
View Courteney Real's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Courteney has 9 jobs listed on…
Jill Klinvex - Venture Principal - Capital Factory | LinkedIn
As Venture Principal, Jill manages the Capital Factory Venture Fund and new investment opportunities. Prior to becoming…
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova, presented by Microsoft, is a virtual conference highlighting federal innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience will draw national attention and connect leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision-makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one state for startups in the U.S. Thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers, and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes, and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active, early-stage investor in Texas since 2010.