The TMDx Launch Story with Major Goldberg and Major General Tracy Norris
Sean Duffy of Capital Factory moderates as Major Alex “Stoiky” Goldberg and Major General Tracy Norris tell the story of TMDx, highlighting how TMDx finds companies and how one can navigate the bureaucracy of the DoD, AKA Mount Everest.
What you’ll find out:
- How will TMDx capitalize on the rest of the DoD innovation community? (22:40)
- How the DoD integrated into the Capital Factory community in the past, featuring Capital Factory success story FitRankings (40:58)
- Where innovators can engage with TMDx (44:02)
- “We live and work in the communities we serve, and embody our motto of always be ready and always be there….” — MG Tracy Norris (12:20)
- “You know I don’t think the community realizes that when our First responders call 9–11, were the ones that pick up…” — Major Alex “Stoiky” Goldberg (23:10)
- “Our first instantiation is at the Capital Factory and we are tightly tied into that ecosystem.” — Major Alex “Stoiky” Goldberg (37:34)
- “[The best place to engage with TMDx?] Capital Factory in Austin …as well as our website, our different locations, as well as the new innovation unit in our state guard, with Major Goldberg as the Director of our Innovation Unit.” — MG Tracy Norris (44:25)
- “It’s great working with Capital Factory, and I love Bunker Labs for veterans who want to start their own businesses… [TMDx] will be here and at Startup Week, SXSW, and hosting events at Camp Mabry…” — Major Alex “Stoiky” Goldberg (45:40)
Who you’ll hear from:
Alex Goldberg - DARPA Fellow for the Air Force Chief of Staff - Defense Advanced Research Projects…
View Alex Goldberg's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Alex has 8 jobs listed on their…
Tracy Norris - The Adjutant General of Texas - Texas Military Department/Texas National Guard |…
View Tracy Norris' profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Tracy has 2 jobs listed on their…
Sean Duffy - VP of Partnerships - Capital Factory | LinkedIn
Sean Duffy is the Vice President of Partnerships at Capital Factory helping bridge the gap between startups and…
About Fed Supernova
Fed Supernova, presented by Deloitte, is a virtual conference highlighting defense innovation in Texas. This first-of-its-kind interactive experience will draw national attention and connect leading entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders, corporations, and decision makers from around the world.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.