Using Data, Social Media, and Analytics to Understand How to Respond to COVID-19 Impacts and Challenges
Join key players in education in a discussion around leveraging new tools and social listening in a time of social distancing to understand perspectives and needs, address concerns and better prepare for strategizing in this new reality.
What you’ll find out
- How can we leverage new tools and social listening in a time of social distancing?
- How can we address concerns and better prepare for strategizing in this new reality?
- What is social listening?
- “Immediately after we started to see cities getting locked down, we’ve seen both hospital systems and our State and local governments really pick up the amount of data they were looking at coming off of social.” — Kevin Ellenwood, Accenture Interactive
- “So what we would do is go in everyday and look at what the top trending topics were, how people were reacting to national media coverage, what was being said, what was being shared, and helped the hospitals come up with appropriate communication plans to either correct misinformation or fill in maybe where some gaps were that the national media coverage missed a point or two.” — Mike Snead, Accenture Interactive
- “A whole different approach, well what about disinformation and misinformation. So we had trends come up, like, we never had guidance that said that a mask was even the right thing, they were trying to preserve PPE, and that was from the CDC. And then it changed to be okay, it’s okay to have a mask, it’s actually the recommendation.” — Chris Armstrong, Accenture Interactive
Who you’ll hear from
Chris Armstrong - Austin, Texas Area | Professional Profile | LinkedIn
View Chris Armstrong's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping…
Mike Snead - Senior Director of Digital Marketing Strategy | Insights, Content and Paid - MXM, part…
TL;DR: I have my finger on the pulse of public sentiment, and the strategic ability to close the gap between public…
Melissa Moloney Walk - Senior Manager - Accenture | LinkedIn
View Melissa Moloney Walk's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Melissa has 2 jobs listed…
Kevin Ellenwood - Managing Director - Accenture Interactive | LinkedIn
Accomplished digital leader with over 20 years of digital consulting experience and 6 years of operations management…
About Austin Startup Week
Started in 2011, Austin Startup Week is a celebration and showcase of everything entrepreneurial in Austin. Each year, we bring entrepreneurs, local leaders, and friends together to connect, collaborate and grow through our educational tracks, mentor office hours, startup showcases, and networking mixers.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas and Houston, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2010.